Monday, October 16, 2006

Aboo’s Visit

Two weeks ago my Mom came to visit and stay with us. She was coming in on Friday night and as typical Northwest, her flight was delayed. Which wouldn’t be so bad but I brought Harrison with me and she was originally due to arrive at 8:00 pm which was already past his bed time but I kept him up for his grandma. When we got there we circled 5 or 6 times and the cutest thing was that Harrison, maybe punchy with tiredness, was super excited to pick her up so when we finally saw her, he just about exploded with excitement. She even sat in the back seat with him.

Before we went to pick her up, Harrison helped me make Yukon Gold Potato Soup for dinner for us and my mom. He put the potato’s in the pot, the cream, and the onions and the chicken soup. And then he stirred it. He was so proud to make soup for his Aboo.

When we got home Harrison showed Aboo all of his new toys and told her about the soup he made for her. We put him to bed and then had dinner.

The next day we all went shopping. We took Harrison to the mall to get some jeans and he just loves playing in the kids area. We ate at the food court, Sbarro, which he loves. Mom and I found a great in between jacket for him but they didn’t have his size at the store so they held it at Southdale for us. After we got home and put Harrison down for a nap we went over to the other mall to pick it up. We also did a bit of shopping for ourselves.

On Sunday mom and I took Harrison to Emma Krumbee’s Pumpkin Patch. Harrison absolutely loves it there. There is a giant mountain of hay that he gets to climb up. We also went on a camel ride. Now that was a hilarious site, me and Harrison on the Camel, Harrison in front of the hump and me behind. Harrison also went on a pony ride, through a maze, down slides, rode trikes and sung and danced his heart out at the kids concert they had going on there. But even the musician taking a break didn’t leave the audience without a show, Harrison got up there and reenacted the Wiggles concert he went to and he brought the house down.

We finally were able to get him away from the stage (I am thinking he takes after his uncle Brad just a bit) and over to eat lunch which he ate but getting him there was a struggle, in his world, there is no time to break for food. When we were done with lunch we went to pick out his pumpkin, some apples and cider and back home.

Aboo was heading out on Monday but not before she visited Harrison at preschool. She spent 2 hours there and had a great time. She read the class some stories, helped at snack time, watched as they made some art and played out side with his class. Where was I during all of this, sitting in the car in the lot in front of the school, getting weird looks from people. Finally at about 2 hours, the director came over to the car to ask what I was doing and as soon as I mentioned Harrison, she knew right away and it wasn’t a problem. But I can imagine what they were thinking.

After the school visit, Mom and I had lunch and then headed to the airport. It was a really nice visit. Harrison was sad to see her leave. He likes it when Aboo visits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home