Monday, July 11, 2005

Mound up the coals

On Saturday night I went to a Saints baseball game with Barb, Anne and her husband Brent. If you have never been to a Saints game you are really missing out. Probably the best part about going to a game is the ability to tailgate in the parking lot of the stadium. We all decided to bring our own meat to grill and so since Cliff didn't join me I put 1 Simek's hamburger patty in a ziploc, 1 slice of cheese in another ziploc, 3 pickle slices in yet another ziploc, and 1 hamburger bun. I also brought fruit salad for everyone to enjoy. Anne and Brent brought brats and cookies and Barb brought Sushi, yes Sushi to a tailgate. Well I brought my little Weber grill for us to cook our food. We got there at 5:30. Well we weren't able to light the grill until 6:30. First we tried throwing the coals in and dousing with lighter fluid and all of the vents open....fire died. Then we tried closing the bottom vent and another dousing of lighter fluid....fire died. Then we called Barb's husband Joe for some grilling advice, he told us all vents open and to mound the coals in the middle...and viola....the coals got going. I don't think any of us would do well on Survivor if it were up to us to make a fire. But our food tasted so yummy.

I had bought these tickets back in April and of course as soon as I got them I gave Anne and Barb their tickets. And of course, both of them left their tickets at work. I had Barb covered because Cliff, at the last minute, couldn't come so I had my extra ticket that Barb used. So when Anne and Brent got to the game, they went to the ticket office and just told them my name and how many tickets I initially ordered and they reprinted them tickets. I couldn't believe it. They didn't even ask for ID. But at least they didn't have to buy general admission tickets to get in. When we did go in, at the 3rd inning like usual, there were people in our seats so we took someone else's, which were much better! The game was great. One of the Saints Players hit a home run so we all got a coupon for something. Then we were in section I and because of that our section won a coupon for a free Old Home Smoothie because someone from our section won a sumo wrestling event in between innings. Brent also won a coupon for a free White Castle Slider (they were throwing them into the stands and he caught it.) There were 2 home runs and the Saints won. I couldn't believe it because they never win when I go to the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home