Friday, May 05, 2006

Mom Camp Event

On Tuesday night I went to a Mom Camp event at Nordstroms. This was the most awesome event. We all gathered in one of the back rooms at Nordstroms and there was hors d'voures and drinks. There was about 100 women in all. They then split us up into 5 groups and we then went around to different departments in the store. We had this card and if we did all the tasks on the card they would give us a sticker. Each department was featuring something different. My first stop was Point of View which was the jeans department. They had extra sales associates there to help fit you for the right jean. They also wanted you to try on the new Calvin Klein jeans. At each department you also entered your name in for a raffle that they were doing at the end of the night.

The next department was Women's Active. Here they were featuring the new miracle bathing suit and the Nike Low Rise yoga pant. I tried on a miracle suit and it looked good but I didn't want to spend $130 on a bathing suit right then. I also tried on some terry cloth lounge pants...I liked them but they weren't exactly what I wanted. I entered the contest and moved on to the next department which was lingerie.

At lingerie they wanted you to get a bra fitting and try on something fun. I had already gotten fitted for a bra at a previous Mom Camp but I did try on some PJ's but they weren't soft enough for what I like. So, taking advantage of my time without Harrison, I went across the aisle to the children's department and got Harrison a bunch of t-shirts and some shorts for the summer. I entered my contest and moved to the next department which was accessories.

At accessories they showed us versitle accessories for the season. They demonstrated how to wear scarves and some handbags that are lightweight and small that can fit all of our stuff. They also showed us belts and sunglasses. I loved this department the best, not only because it was handbags but because we were able to win some prizes right on the spot. Of course, being the competitive person that I am and loving to win as much stuff as I can, I answered 2 of their questions and got a Leather Rock bracelet and a Kate Spade note paper.

Our last department was cosmetics. They wanted us to get our foundation matched and try some fragerance. I stopped at Smashbox and had her do my makeup. I ended up getting one of their products called Photo Finish and a lip gloss.

When it was all over we all went back upstairs to the room we started in and had more snacks and awaited the drawings for all of the prizes. My friends and I showed off all of our purchases and were just giddy with excitement over the funness of the whole evening.

Well, I didn't win any of the prizes, but one of my friends did - from the cosmetics group...about $500 worth of products. The grand prize was a night at a hotel but the best prize, which again, I did not win...was from accessories..a Coach purse and Chanel Sunglasses. But we all got to go home with a gift bag which included a gold hat box, a lingerie hanger, lip gloss and a photo album. There was no pressure to by anything and you didn't have to get what they were featuring. It was a super fun evening and this is definitely going to be something I do again and again!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home