Monday, September 15, 2008

I am still here....

Just a little more tired and with another kid in tow. Some things have changed yet somethings have not. I has been almost 2 years since I last blogged and to tell you the truth I have no idea why I stopped. I really enjoyed journaling all of Harrison's adventures and activities. As I was re-reading throught my old blog posts I noticed that Crab Feast was one of my last blogs, and guess what. This past weekend was Crab Feast 2008. It was very late in the season to have it but due to scheduling conflicts and mine and Cliff's laziness, we did it in September. And like last year, it rained. Which made for a very stressful 2 hours leading up to the party. We finally decided on moving the party from our yard to the garage. Great Choice!! It was dry and cozy and I didn't feel all spread out or that I had to do "rounds" to see everyone. I was able to sit in one spot - enjoy my crabs and relax.

This summer also marked the summer Harrison really developed as a swimmer. So much so that I signed him up for real lessons. He now goes to Foss Swim School. He has had 2 lessons so far an this Sunday he honest to goodness swam the crawl (or freestyle - how ever you roll). He was perfect. I almost cried...ok I teared up. I was so proud of him. I guess I was channeling Debbie Phelps. His lessons are on Sunday afternoon. Right in the middle of the day, not ideal but so far it is working. We did have to hussle after this last lesson because he had a birthday party at, you guessed it, Pump it Up. We were about a 1/2 hour late but he still had more than enough time to run around with his friends - he was very happy to see some of them because they went off to kindergarten and he is still at Country Day.

Just another busy weekend with tons of plans - somethings just never change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home