Monday, July 11, 2005

It wasn't just hot outside

Yesterday began as every other Sunday does, we wake up, have breakfast and head out to our activity. On Sunday that activity was taking Harrison on a wagon ride to the playground for an hour or so. Well we did that and all seemed fine. It was warm out, but not unbearable because it was only 9:30 am. We got to the park and Harrison didn't run around like he usually does. He stayed in the shady areas alot and really just was wandering around. Then he found the big enclosed slide. Well, that is what he really wanted to go down so Cliff climbed up there with him and Harrison rode his lap down. I think they did that about 15-20 times until Cliff got really tired and Harriosn seemed to be loosing steam. So we started back to the house. The house was really comfortable (thank goodness the air was working) and after about an hour we all seemed to have cooled down, except for Harrison. He was sitting on my lap and drinking his water and his head was just exuding heat. I felt his forehead and it felt really warm so I took him to take his temperature and boy was it high, 104.1. I couldn't believe it. Stunned, I just put him down for a nap. He slept for 4 hours. When he woke up his fever was at 102. I then gave him tylenol and eventually his fever came down. He is home today with Cliff. I know he was sad because he wanted to go back to his daycare to see his friends. He hasn't been there for over a week. I am hoping tomorrow he can go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home