Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Garage Woes

This morning we were all up and ready to leave the house on time. A rare feet for us but somehow we did it. Cliff was especially anxious to get going because he had a very busy morning. Well, when we got out to the garage it wasn't open. Which was a little weird because I could have sworn that I opened it up from the house but not that weird becasue that has happened before. So we just tried our very tempermental keypad. That didn't work. So Cliff went back into the house, muttering something like "he didn't need this, not this morning of all mornings". He tried the remote again, no luck. Meanwhile, Harrison and I were just standing out in front of the garage door waiting. Cliff came back and said that the circuit breaker was fine and he didn't know what was wrong. By this time we was very upset. We all went back into the house to figure out our next step because we were definitely not getting into the garage. I told Cliff to call one of his co-workers and catch a ride. He did that. I then decided that I was going to be the one who had to take care of this problem. First thing on my agenda, get Harrison to day care. Luckily it is just 4-5 blocks away. But alas, I do not have the stroller or the wagon as they are all in the garage. So I told my 21 month old that we will be walking to Carol's and that he would have to hold my hand the whole way. I was a bit leery that this would work but we were going to try. He did it. Harrison walked the whole way to Carol's holding my hand and never stopped once to try and let go or run from me or anything, it was great! When I got back home we called the company who installed our garage door 2 years ago, All Style Garage. They were amazing. He said he could come by at 10:00 and sure enought he was there just after 10. When he got the garage open I found a box of books and cd's and tapes that I stored there after our garage sale had tipped over. We also discovered that when they fell they flipped the electric disconnect switch, essentially a light switch. Well we put it back on and he installed a new manual lock on the door in case power goes out again we could get into the garage. I would highly recommend this company should you ever need servicing of your garage door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home