Thursday, October 06, 2005

Back to NY

I got the opportunity to go to NY for work. I also was able to bring Harrison with me. So off we went. The flight out to NY was fine. Harrison fell right asleep and when he woke up, we watched a bit of the Wiggles and then we were there.

MJ, Brad's dog, was waiting for us. Harrison had been asking to see him so he was really happy to see MJ first thing. He also ran to give Brad a great big hug hello. That night we just had a very yummy dinner, courtesy of Eddie, with Brad, Merryl and Mom and Eddie. The next day we took Harrison to White Post Farms where they had pumpkin picking, hay rides, train rides, a petting zoo and a bunch of kid shows. It was great. Brad and Merryl also joined us there as well as my friend Risa. Harrison loved the animals. His favorite was the Camel. But he didn't want to touch any of them. So much for the petting part. I was all set with my purel just in case. Harrison and I then went over for a train ride. At first he cried and was scared, but he calmed down and enjoyed himself.

The highlight of the afternoon was when my little baby boy got up on the Kids Karoke stage and took the microphone all by himself and sung the ABC song. It was the single cutest, heart breaking moment of my life. He was so happy to receive a standing ovation from everyone. We also went up on the stage at another show and danced with all of the other kids. Harrison liked that until the snow maker machine started up. We ended our time at the farm with a visit to the ventriliquist. Harrison really liked the puppet.

When I went into the city to work, Mom watched Harrison and I am told they had a great day together. Harrison was happy and ate and slept. He was a really good boy. That night we went to my Aunt and Uncle's house for Rosh Hashana dinner. We had a really good time. Harrison was so excited to see his cousin Ian and Emily. But especially Ian. He also gave Ian a big hug and wanted to play with him. He ran around their big house like he owned the place. He didn't eat much of anything but apparently ate really good earlier in the day. When we were leaving, he made sure he gave kisses to everyone. He even said to popper "I love Popper" and "Miss Popper".

We also took him to the huge playground at Christopher Morley Park. He really loved it there. He ran for the first 1/2 hour we were there. At one point, Harrison ran past me and I thougth I smelled something stinky. Low and behold, he had a poop. I told him I wanted to change his poop. He didn't want me to until finally he ran to me and then threw himself on the ground and said "Change Diaper". Right there in the middle of the playground. Well, I wasnt' going to miss this opportunity, so I changed him right there.

That night we celebrated Rosh Hashana at mom's house with Brad, Merryl and Hilary. Harrison was having a great time playing with Merryl and Hilary. After dinner when we were in the play room Harrison was playing with MJ a little too rough, MJ scratched his face and bit his shirt. It was a major comotion. I picked him up and made sure there was not major damage. I think MJ only bit his shirt. The scratch looked way worse than it was and by the next morning was just a small mark under his eye. It was a bit scary when it happend and I think Mom and Brad were more freaked out than I was. I made sure that Harrison wasn't traumatized and had Harrison pet MJ almost immediately after and he wasn't afraid to do so. He even asked to see MJ the next day.

If I hadn't already known that Harrison was my child, our trip to Kate Spade on Wednesday proved it. I was expecting the worse when I wheeled him in to my favorite store. I thought he was going to scream and cry...but no. He first started flirting with the sales girls. Then as we were going through the store, we passed 2 Kate Spade umbrellas. He said to me, "Want umbrella". I then replied, oh yeah, which one. Harrison then said "Want white one". There was in fact a white one with polka dots and another one with a bunch of colors. It also would have been the one I wanted. Well he really wouldn't let it go. He kept saying "Want White umbrella. So, being the Kate Spake aholic that I am, asked how much it was. I figured, if it wasn't soo spendy, why not. But of course it was, $100...for an umbrella. I told Harrison that it was too expensive. He kept insisting but settled for some Kate Spade stickers that the sales girls gave him.

That evening when we flew home, Harrison was so restless. He did not want to stay in his seat, nor did he want to watch his videos. So we walked up and down the isles for a bit. I then changed his diaper on our seat (because the dumb plane didn't have a changing table in the bathroom). When I finished and went to put Harrison back in his seat he exclaimed "Not Yet, Mommy!!". Well, I said ok. How could I fight with that. So we walked some more and made friends with one of the flight attendants. She was really nice. I chatted with her while Harrison did all of the seat belts in all of the empty seats. It was a frustrating yet fun flight home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home