Monday, October 17, 2005

Our Anniversary

On Saturday Cliff and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. It was a very fun day. It started off the same as usual. Harrison and I went to gymboree and played there. We came home and had lunch and played some more. He really likes playing out in the front yard. He has taken to running up and down our walk way and then wanting to go see the "other beagle". It is another beagle that lives just 2 houses away. Her name is Gracie but Harrison just calles her "the other beagle". He also discovered how to open the gate on our fence. So we spent about 40 minutes opening and closing the gate. If you haven't figured it out, Harrison has a small obsession with doors...he just loves to open and close them. Cliff and I seperately went out and shopped for gifts for each other. Cliff got me an under the sink water purifier. It doesn't sound very romantic but I constantly complain that I don't like the taste of our water so I thought it was very thoughtful. Me on the other hand went out and got Cliff a new outfit. I got him a new pair of jeans (those darker kind - that look a bit dirty), and 2 shirts to layer on top of each other. I think he liked them. One of the shirst was an orange button down and the other one was brown with orange in it. He wore the whole thing out to dinner that night.

Later in the day a white van pulled up in front of our house and I thought it was a repair man of some sort, but I didn't know why we needed one. So I asked "What is he doing here?" Cliff said he was delivering something, I think flowers. I thougth maybe Cliff sent them, but it was actually from Brad and Merryl. It was a beautiful bouquet and it was really nice of them to think of us.

That evening Mallette came to watch Harrison while we went out. I think finally Harrison is getting used to her because he didn't cling to me as much and almost immediately started showing off for her. Cliff and I were able to get out of the house with out any problems.

We went to dinner at Zander Cafe in Saint Paul. It was a really good dinner. I loved the atmosphere there. It felt like an uptown restaurant right in Saint Paul. We started off with appetizers. I had a portobella mushroom appetizer that had field greens and goat cheese. It was very yummy. Cliff had this beet appetizer. It was amazing. It was roasted beets in an orange liquor reduction with blue cheese on top. I absolutely loved his appetizer. Then I had the boulibasse as a main dish and Cliff had a bison filet. Both were very yummy. We then shared Creme Brulee.

After dinner we went to a movie and Cliff let me pick so I chose a ultra girlie movie...In Her Shoes. I absolutely loved it. I had just finished reading the book so everything was really fresh in my mind. There was a bunch of parts left out, but I still loved the movie.

It was a great evening out and a very good anniversary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home