Monday, August 22, 2005

Out very late

On Saturday we were invited to a pool party at one of my friends from law school, Kristi and her husband Chris's home. Several of my other friends from law school and their families also came. It was a beautiful day for the party. One of our friends, Elizabeth, and her family drove in from Milwaukee also. We got there around noon and just sat by the pool. Harrison was of course leery of the pool so I didn't force it. I didn't even have him in a swim suit. I didn't think he would go in. About an hour later my friend Julie arrived with her 2 kids. John, who is 3 immediately wanted to go into the pool. Harrison just loved John. He followed him everywhere and was laughing and talking to him. It was great. But I soon was noticing that Harrison wanted to go into the pool with John. So we all changed into our bathing suits and Harrison played on the pool steps for a very long time. It was great. He was also running around the pool, following and chasing John so I thought for sure that he would fall in. But he didn't.

Later, Chris fired up the grill and made some great burgers, brats and hot dogs. Kristi had quite a spread at the house. Harrison ate his hot dog and the biggest grapes I have ever seen. He also had bites of our hamburgers. Which was great because he never wants to eat hamburgers.

Harrison then played some more until we put Harrison down for a nap. We brought the pack n play so it was really easy. He slept for about 2 hours. When he got up John had gone home so he played with Anthony, Elizabeth's son. They played outside for a while, back in the pool but then stayed inside for the remainder of the day. Anthony brought a lot of his toys and they played together quite nicely. Especially with the french doors in Kristi's basement, that is until Harrison scrapped his foot and we needed a band aid. That was the end of the door man game.

I was thinking we would be going home soon after this as it was 5:00. We went out to see the guys who were playing bocce ball. Their game wasn't over and Kristi invited us to stay for dinner. So we did. Harrison was in a great mood and we could put him to sleep at his regular bed time.

We had happy hour, Cosmo's and wine at their bar in the lower level. Then Chris made BBQ chicken. It was a great dinner. After dinner we sat around the outdoor fireplace and snuggled under towels. It was just so perfect...Until...I looked at my watch and saw that it was 10:00 and we hadn't been home since 11:00 am and we forgot all about Brady. So we then left to let Brady out and feed him. Poor Brady.

It was a great day with friends I spend way too little time with and Cliff and Harrison who I think had a great time making new friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home