Sunday, July 17, 2005

Theatre in the Park

Saturday night Cliff and I got a sitter and went to see a free play in Como Park. We have been whining that we haven't taken advantage of the park we live in. So we went to the Theatre in the Park. They were putting on a production of "Comedy of Errors". It wasn't at the ampitheatre so I was unsure of where to go. The play started at 7. So I packed us up a picnic and headed off to the park. I had an idea where it was but couldn't visualize it. As it turned out, it was not where I thought it was going to be. It was next to where West has their annual Picnic, kind if in the middle of nowhere. If I had not been really looking for any sort of sign I would have missed it. But we found it and went to stake out a spot. We were the first ones there. We got there around 6:15. I am glad we were first because we got to choose where to sit. But we ended up moving closer because we couldn't hear the actors. There were no micorphones, and no stage. They did have some scenery but it was really very primative. We finally got settled and decided to eat our dinner. I brought a sushi roll as an appetizer to start. I also brought us some drinks. I had a sparkling pink lemonade which didn't fit into my cup holder so when I tried to pull it out, it exploded and I lost half of it. After our sushi, I made Tomato, Basil and Mozarella sandwiches on a baguette with Garlic puree. It was sooo good. And just perfect for the warm evening. The play was really funny and very well performed. Because it was outside it was hard to hear the actors at times, but still a great experience. The play was only 90 minutes long so it was only 8:30 when it was over so Cliff and I went over to see if there was a 9:00 showing of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Well that didn't work out because the next showing was at 10:00 and that was too late. So we contemplated mini-golf, but ended up at the Grand Old Creamery. This is just the best Ice Cream. I had my usual a single scoop of Black Hills Gold. Cliff decided to try something new and has a single scoop of some thing called nut crunch in a waffle cone. YUMMY!!! That is where we ended our evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home