Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Very Busy Saturday

Saturday was an incredibly busy day. Way more busy than we have been in quite some time. I knew we were going to leave the house by 11:00 am so I purposely took the morning to lounge around and not rush to do anything. We all stayed in our pajamas as long as we could.

We left the house around 11:00 am to go to my Company's Children's Holiday party. But before we got there I made a pit stop at TJ Maxx to pick up some christmas presents. It was right on the way to my office so it wasn't too much of a hassle. Harrison fell asleep in the car on our way so when we got to the store Cliff stayed in the car while Harrison slept. We finally got to my office at around 12;15 and Harrison immediately woke up. He was a bit groggy and cranky. But I had told him we were going to see Santa Claus. Now Harrison has been talking about Santa for a few days now. He seems to really like him. But when I ask him what Santa does, he tells me he bits his finger. If you spend any time with Harrison you will learn that everyone bites his finger. It is like the boy who cried wolf. If someone really bit his finger or bit him anywhere for that matter, I wouldn't believe it because he tells me that everyone bites his finger. Anyway, we got there and immediately went to pick up his gift. The kids that are from the ages of 0-2 got a Duplo Block Helipcopter...it was a helicopter filled with Duplo Blocks. It is a really nice toy, but we have a ton of duplo blocks already. The gift for the kids ages 3-6 got a pop up tent and the kids 7-10 got a Magic set. It is really wonderful that they get anything. We then decided to head over to see Santa. Last year the line was incredibly long so we wanted to get that over with right away. Luckily when we got there the line wasn't too bad. We did wait for about 20 minutes. Harrison was still cranky and wanted me to hold him the whole time. I think I ended up with a strained muscle in my back because of it. I was not optomistic on Harrison responding to santa very well based on his mood. But when we got there he sat on his lap and didn't cry. He didn't smile or try to squirm away, but he didn't smile for the camera. In fact he was rubbing his nose the whole time.

After Santa we went back to the cafeteria to have lunch. On our way they had roaming characters so we saw a snowman and a teddy bear and a dog. Harrison didn't want to get too close but he liked seeing them. They were serving cookies and ice cream. I knew this from last year and brought Harrison a lunchable. He actually ate the turkey and cheese even though he also had ice cream and a cookie in front of him. It is great to know that he is making the right food choices. When we were done with lunch I showed Cliff and Harrison my new desk. It was very exciting (can you sense my sarcasm).

After we left the Children's holiday Party we parted ways with Cliff who went home and Harrison and I went to Sean Appold's birthday party. He was turning 3 and had a Thomas themed party. This was right up Harrison's ally because he is just starting to really like Thomas. They had their basement filled with Sean's toys and all of the kids played down there until it was time for lunch. Harrison wasn't too hungry but the snacker that he is he had some chips and pretzles and juice. They also served chicken nuggets and pizza rolls. When it was time to open the presents Sean was mobbed by the kids. I don't think Sean touched all of his presents as the other kids swarmed him. Harrison on the other hand took the opportunity to find the balloons and march around with them. It was quite cute but I didn't get to see much of the present opening because I was chasing after Harrison. We left soon after that.

After we got home, I had about 1/2 hour to rest before I had to get ready for our evening's parties. We got home at around 5:15 and at 5:45 I got in the shower and dressed. Our baby sitter arrived at 6;30 and we were off to our first party.

My department had a christmas party at my boss's house. We got there at around 7:30. There was alot of good food and drinks. It was nice to socialize with everyone and to meet everyone's spouses. We stayed for about 2 hours when we left for party #2.

At around 9:30 we arrived at Betty's house for her Holiday Open House. It was really fun. Betty puts on a good party. I think she could be the working woman's Martha Stewart. Most of my friends from work were there, Betty, of course - It was her house, Erin, Anne, Barb A, Barb L, Jodie and Megan. There were others from work plus some of Betty's husband's friends and neighbors. By 11:30 I was exhaused and needed to go home and sleep.

We got home at 12:00 and I crashed hard. It was a very busy but very fun day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home