Friday, December 23, 2005

Vikings Game

On Sunday, I went to the Vikings game with my friend Barb. She is also a very big Vikings fan. It was very cold that day! I think it was like 7 degrees. Because of that we decided to try and find close parking. Once we decided on the lot we wanted to park in the excitement began. The machine to pay for parking wasn't working so we had to pay the attendant, after we paid the attendant we went to another attendant to get a receipt to put in the car. For some reason during all of this, I gave Barb her ticket to the game. She put it in her back pocket. (this is important later in the story). Then Barb was digging for her keys, put the receipt in the car and we were on our way. We were already late so we didn't have to fight the crowds to get in. When we got to our gate, Barb couldn't find her ticket. She thinks it fell out of her back pocket when she was digging in there to get her keys to put the receipt in. Well, luckily there is a place at the stadium you can go if you forgot or lost your ticket. Unfortunately, it was outside...and apparently we weren't the only ones in this predicament. We waited for about 1/2 hour and then finally got a replacment ticket and went into the game.

When we got up to our seats, surprise, surprise...there was someone sitting in my seat. I told him that it was my seat and my season ticket. At first he said no, it was his season ticket. Fortunately, a familiar season ticket holder behind me had 2 extra seats he wasn't using and let us sit there. Normally I would have let it drop right there, but not today, not after Barb paid $50 to get a replacement ticket. I asked to see his ticket. Low and behold, there was my account numer on his ticket. I proceeded to tell him that he had my ticket and he then told me he bought it from the guy next to him. Anyway, I then proceeded to security and told them what happened. They went and got the guy and we all went back to the office where we got our replacement ticket. There a police officer greeted us and I told him what happened. He told me to go back and enjoy the game and they would handle it from there.

IT WAS SO EXCITING. By the time I got back to my seat it was the middle of the 2nd quarter. But it was very fun nonetheless...considering they lost the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home