Wednesday, October 26, 2005

12 hour rule

Last night I was cutting some squash for dinner. I wanted to roast it. Well, if you have never cut open a squash, it is very difficult. Well Although I though I was being careful, I cut my hand. Pretty deep. It didn't bleed much which scared me a bit but we decided because it wasn't bleeding that I would be fine and I just kept cleaning it. Well this morning, I thought I would go to the doctor because it didn't seem like it could heal because it was kind of open and the location of it. When I got there I found out I needed stitches - 5 of them actually. I also found out that I may not have been able to get them because they don't stitch wounds up after 12 hours because bacteria can get in the cut. But because I took such good care of it, they stitched me up anyway. Moral of the story: (1) be VERY careful when cutting squash and use a dish towel on the knife for leverage (2) if you are cut, go get it looked at right away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home