Monday, October 31, 2005

Out in the cold

Last week it got a bit chilly in Minnesota so we went to put our heat on. We tried setting the thermostat to 70 degrees and put it on auto which is supposed to go on until it hit 70 and then just maintain it. But that wasn't working. So we tried the fan feature. That didn't work either. So I suggested to Cliff that we change the filter. He agreed so we took the filter out and it started to work so I was very much encouraged, especially because I was the one who figured out what to do. But when I fired that baby up...cold air...that is right, it was blowing cold air. I was so upset. So the next day I called to schedule a time when someone could come and fix it.
When we first moved in to the house we signed up for a appliance maintenance program and boy has that paid off. If you don't belong to one, I highly recommend it. Well each day until the repair guy could come it got colder and colder in our house. Each morning we would wake up and the house would be 5 degrees cooler than the day before. On Thrusday night It was the coldest. It was 60 degrees in the house when I got home from work and about 58 degrees when we went to bed. I was so worried about Harrison because he kicks off his blankets during the night. So I put on his regular pajamas with socks and dug out his old fleece feety pajamas from the too small bin...and Squeezed him in ther. He was this huge pajama sausage. But I felt much better that he had to be much warmer then if I didn't squeeze him in there.

Well on Friday they came and fixed the furnace and we are now warm and toasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home