Monday, October 31, 2005

Cookies

Last night Harrison and I made cookies together. It was absolutely so much fun. He helped me put all of the ingredients into the bowl. Then we got 2 mixing spoons and sat on the floor and mixed the dough. He had a great time doing that and feeling the dough in his hands. Then we pounded the dough with our fists and made halloween cut outs. Harrison loved the moon the best. He even helped me push the cookie cutters down. But he didn't want to put the cookie on the sheet, he thought that was for the actual cutters. When were down to the final cookies to be made he wanted to make one big ball cookie. I told him that we either had to make several smaller ones or make them into cut outs. He didn't like either of those choices so I just decided to make the smaller balls. Sometimes he is so funny...he took one of the cookie balls and was holding it up to his face and blowing on it with his nose. (I know kind of gross, but these were his cookies) and I asked him if he was making a "boogy cookie". Well that brought on so much laughter, I thougth he was going to fall down holding his belly he was laughing so hard. He kept saying "Boogy cookie" all night. He loved it.

When the cookies came out of the oven and were ready to eat I made 4 different colored frosting, Orange, Pink, Green and Grey. I called Harrison in to help decorate. He loved this part. I showed him how to spread the frosting on the cookies. He did one cookie and then decided he was just going to stand there and eat the frosting off of the cookies and the spreaders. He was having a blast. I also had colored sugar to sprinkle on the cookies as well (as if the frosting wasn't sweet enough). He liked it when I put the sugar on the cookies.

It was so much fun to make cookies with Harrison, I think we will make more again very soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home