Monday, November 07, 2005

Play date with Greta

On Tuesday I stayed home with Harrison because Carol had the day off. My friend Cari is a stay at home mom so we made plans to get the kids together. We started the day by going to my insurance guy to sign some papers. We were switching our car insurance to the company that carries our homeowners insurance. We got a very good rate, less that what we currently pay for way more coverage. Harrison, surprisingly, had a very good time there. They had paper and crayons for him to color and a flamingo for him to look at. Once the papers were signed we were off to see Cari and Greta and Wilson. I kept telling him we wer having a play date with Greta. He has never met her but by the time we got there he was so excited. He was a bit shy at first, but then he felt right at home. Greta showed him her toys and Harrison immediately took to a small Dora doll and a small Grover doll. He carried that around with him the whole time we were there. They chased each other around the house. Then when we were getting ready to go to the mall, he spontaneously gave Greta about 20 hugs. She was laughing, he was laughing and Cari and I were laughing. I think Harrison has a crush on her. She is a blond little girl, so that fits within his girl crush profile. (When he was a baby there was this beautiful blond girl on his Baby Bach video that he got so excited to see).

We all then headed to Eden Prairie Center to play in their indoor playground. WOW...they have an AMAZING playground in that mall. Harrison loved it. He was running around and sliding and playing and having a great time. Greta was a bit slow to get started. We played there for about 40 minutes. Then we went to have lunch at the food court. Total Chaos. Try to get 3 kids and 2 mommies lunch and fed....that was crazy. I got Harrison his usual, Noodles with cheese from Sbarro. Then I found a table for all of us and then found 2 high chairs, while Cari got her kids lunch. I then went and got my lunch after which Cari got hers. We then all tried to eat. Although it was hectic, we had a very good time.

We said our goodbyes after lunch and when we got back to the car Harrison said to me, "Mom, good time. Good time with Greta." I said to him, yeah, mommy had a good time also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home