Tuesday, February 21, 2006

We love the Zoo

This weekend at the MN Zoo, the big zoo as Harrison calls it, they had a Tropical Beach Party. I thought since it was about zero degrees out it would be a great outing for me and Harrison since alot of the zoo in indoors. I invited both my mother in law and my friend Linda with her son Henry to join us. We are members of the zoo and we have not used it to its fullest extent but we will in the coming months. When we all got there we first went through the exhibits. The first, and according to Harrison the best, stop was the Lemurs. Harrison loving Madagascar also knows what Lemurs are and loves them. He was so excited. He even started singing the song that the Lemurs sing in the movie "I like to move it, move it....I like to move it, move it." It is hilarious.

I even ventured to let Harrison out of his stroller and walk through the exhibits with me. He held my hand really well and only bolted twice. There was this great tunnel for the kids to go through and we spent about 20 minutes there while Harrison ran from one end to the other repeadedly. When we were done with the land animals we went over to Discovery Bay to see the sharks and dolphins. Harrison told me that he wanted to "see the Dolphins swim in the big water". That is what he called the big tank they were in. He was fascinated by the dolphins...not so much by the sharks even though he has been into watching Shark Tales.

After the dolphins went away we had lunch. They ahve a great food court at the zoo. Both kids ate really well.

There were some fun art activities for the kids going on. Harrison and Henry both made a great sand art picture. Harrison had fun dumping the sand onto the paper.

We then went back to the Lemurs and the dolphins. After that Henry went home to take a nap. Harrison and I went to play in the giant indoor sandbox. They set up this enormous sand box with never ending amounts of sand. they were also giving out shovels and pails to the kids. Harrison was tentative at first to put his feet in the sand but after about 1 minute, he was loving shoveling sand into the pail and Grandma showed him how to make a sand castle out of the sand in the pail.

When we finally left and got into the car Harrison said to me "Mommy, I had good time at the zoo". That is all I can ask for!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace on Earth...

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home