Wednesday, March 01, 2006

THE BASEMENT IS DONE!!!

As you might recall, in October we had some water in our basement after a very heavy rain. It turned out that the walls were wet and we had to remove parts of the drywall and replace it. Well, 4 months later we are done. Cliff did this whole project almost by him self. His dad came to help actully hang the drywall. But he removed the old, moldy dry wall, hung new dry wall, and mudded the joints. I was so impressed. This would have cost us thousands to have someone professionally to do and we did it for less than $200. It took a lot longer but well worth it.

On Saturday, I spent several hours cleaning. I vacumed the basement that had dust and dirt all over. I went through clothes for good will. Moved things around and basically made the house somewhat more organized. I still have a long way to go to get it to where I want it but it was a very good start.

Harrison, for months, has been looking to go play in the basement with longing but he looks down the stairs and then back at me and says "Basements broken". But finally on Saturday, after his nap, I asked him if he wanted to play downstairs. The look on his face was sheer excitment. He practiacally flew down there. And every free moment we are all down there playing. It is great to have the basement/family room back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home