Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Kids Expo

On Sunday I took Harrison to a Kids Expo which is like a trade show for kids and parents. I had won tickets from sittercity.com so I thought it would be a fun free thing to do. I invited Shannon and Abby to join us since I had extra tickets and becasue Harrison likes hanging out with Abby. It was a fun day but I was a bit underwhelmed by this event. What I did like was the characters that were walking around and the shows that they had going on on the different stages. Harrison loved watching them sing and dance. There were also about 25-30 bouncy houses for the kids to play in. Abby loved them and spent much of her time at the expo jumping. Harrison on the other hand was very tentative and went inside but he didn't want anyone else in there with him. He got mad when other kids would come in and then he really didn't jump ...he just crawled around.

What he did love was that there was a real pig there. He went up to it and and said hi and then "oinked". Well, the pig actually "oinked" back. He just about died. He was so excited that it actually oinked. He kept trying to get the pig to oink and it did every time. It was hard pulling him away from the pig. There was also pony rides and he loved looking at them but when I asked him if he wanted to ride on one...he was very definite about it...NO!

What I wasn't so thrilled with was the "trade show" part of the expo. I thought there would be more boutique type vendors...people selling kids stuff. But all there was were vacation spots, insurance companies, chiropractors, eye doctors and gyms.

We all did have lunch there. There was a nice food court right inside the expo and Harrison ate really well. He ate a whole bag of potato chips. I swear he is exactly like his dad.

After lunch I wanted to get some chair massages at these chiropractors so that is what I did and we left the expo around 1:30. I am glad the tickets were free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home